How do I ask for a drop shift? [Employer’s Name]
Dear [Name of your manager or employer], I am writing this letter to ask you for a change to my shift schedule from [current schedule] to [desired schedule]. I have twins who will start school at a schedule that is incompatible with my current work schedule.
What does it mean to drop shift? Trade/Drop Shift and Drop Shift. “Trade/Drop” method is used when you want someone to work one of your shifts. You will resume working that shift in the future. This is the most popular method of finding a substitute with our current students, and is the information covered in this presentation.
How do you release a shift on HotSchedules? Navigate to the Home tab of your HotSchedules account and locate the day of the shift that you would like to release. Select the Release Shift link. Select a reason why you are releasing the shift then select Submit.
How do you drop shift when working on mobile?
- From the When I Work Scheduling app, tap My Schedule on the Dashboard.
- In the My Shifts list, tap the shift that you would like to swap with a coworker.
- In the My Shifts list, tap the shift that you would like to drop.
- Tap , then tap Drop Shift.
- Select the coworkers that you’d like to offer your shift to.