How do I ask for shift coverage?
- Ask them to cover your shift as soon as possible.
- Give them a good reason why you can’t work your shift.
- Tell them that they can count on you to return the favor.
- Make sure to inform your manager.
- Don’t abuse the trust of your coworkers.
Is it my responsibility to get my shift covered? There is no obligation to remain to cover a shift. If you are asked and are willing and able to cover the shift then great! If someone is unable to work their shift, it is company policy that they must find their own replacement, or a doctor’s note must be provided.
Can you ask a manager to cover your shift? You will want to consider who you ask — you need to make sure it’s someone who can work your shift and hopefully someone you haven’t already asked a million times in the past. While that person might look forward to picking up shifts, they might also be fed up with you asking for covers.
What to do if no one will cover your shift? Let the manager know as soon as possible! They do what they can to help you out! They will work around and make sure your’e okay to be off. Must call shift manager on duty, hopefully they are forgiving.