What happens if you get stung by an octopus? Associated symptoms and signs of a blue-ringed octopus bite (sting) include excessive bleeding, numbness, nausea, vomiting, vision changes, and difficulty swallowing. For the first 5-10 minutes, the pain is mild but then begins to increase. Difficulty breathing and paralysis occur after about 10 minutes.
What does a octopus bite look like?
What happens if you get bitten by a blue ring octopus? Signs and symptoms of blue-ringed octopus bite
Their bite is usually painless, but the person bitten will feel numb around the mouth, tongue, face and neck and will feel tight in the chest and may have difficulty breathing. Respiratory failure occurs eventually which leads to death if the person is not resuscitated.
Are octopus bites poisonous? Blue-ringed octopi bites are lethal to humans because of the creatures’ venom. The venom can kill more than 20 humans in just a few minutes, though this is extremely unlikely to happen. Blue-ringed octopi won’t bite unless they feel provoked.