How do I submit a story to local news?
- Write Your Press Release. The most critical piece of any press release is the angle.
- Find Local Media Outlets.
- Identify the Right Local Media Contacts.
- Craft Your Email Query (aka Pitch)
- Pitch Your News Story by Email & Follow Up.
- Respond to Journalists.
- Cultivate Relationships With Local Press Contacts.
How do you anonymously report a story to the news? Go through SecureDrop.
This service allows encrypted, anonymous documents to be transmitted from sources to journalists. You also can communicate with the journalist, and they with you, by typing a document and sending it. Once the document has been sent, you can reply from within the service.
How do I put something in the news?
- Create a targeted media list. Sometimes it’s best to go big by starting small.
- Find the right reporters. There is likely someone already covering the topic at hand.
- Develop a press kit for reporters and producers.
- Find Your News Hook.
- Plan Ahead.
How do you report a story? At the top of your Feed, go to the Stories section and tap to open the story. Tap to find the photo or video you want to report. Click in the top right. Click Find support or report story, then follow the on-screen instructions.