This guide aims at walking you through how to delete a Twitch account through the simple steps provided therein.
However, before we proceed, it’s important you take note of certain points.
Before You Delete A Twitch Account – Things To Note
There are certain points you must keep in mind before you click the final delete button to get rid of your Twitch account, and they are:
1. Ensure that you disconnect other accounts you may have, either on social media, or gaming services, before you proceed to delete or disable your account.
This way, you can easily connect it to any other channel if you create a new one.
2. During the period your account has been disabled, any subscriptions that aren’t renewed will be manually renewed.
This is to say that your subscription cannot be automatically renewed while your account is deactivated.
When you reactivate your account, go to the Twitch subscription page to see all your expired subscriptions and re-enable them.
However, if you’ve deleted your account, all your subscription records will also be deleted.
3. Having deleted your Twitch account, and decided to reactivate, you can re-enable your channel to get it back.
However, you can only do this if you made the deletion request within 90 days of your request to reactivate but once that time has passed, the deletion is permanent and cannot be reversed.
4. If you only disabled your account, when you reactivate it, any Bits balance, channel follows, followers, and pertinent channel information will be fully restored.
5. After a certain period of time, Twitch regularly recycles accounts and usernames that has been disabled, so if you disabled your account, you just have 12 months before Twitch reclaims the account.
When they do, all the information on the account will be deleted, and the username will once again be available to the public.
Please, note that this 12-month recycle period also applies to accounts that haven’t been deactivated but have been dormant.
If you wish to avoid this, then you have to log into your account, and the countdown will be reset.
6. Twitch allows users who has a verified email account to create more than one Twitch account, however, this option is disabled by default but you can be enabled it by taking the following steps:
– Click on your profile icon located on the upper right corner of the screen.
– Select and click on Settings from the menu.
– On the tabs, click on Settings and Privacy.
– Under Contact, turn the toggle to Enable additional account creation.
7. Once your account is deleted, all the relevant information will be deleted as well, including your existing subscriptions, followers, and videos.
Having taken note of the aforementioned points, proceed to delete your account.
Read More: How To Delete A Trusper Account?
How To Delete A Twitch Account With Ease
As you already know, Twitch is an ideal platform for livestreaming games, music, cooking, and more, however, for some resons you may decide to delete it, and if this is you, the instructions in this section will guide you on how to achieve this.
Going forward, we will be looking at how to delete a Twitch account from
a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC as well as from a Mobile.
Take a look.
Step-By-Step Guide To Delete A Twitch Account From A Windows, Mac, Or Chromebook PC.
Sadly, you can’t delete your Twitch account directly from your actual Twitch page, you need a direct link to Twitch’s account deletion feature to be able to get this done.
To Delete a Twitch account from a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC, follow these steps:
Step 1: Log in to your Twitch account.
Step 2: On your internet browser address bar, type or click on this link “https://www.twitch.tv/user/delete-account” to proceed to the account deletion page.
Step 3: Type in the name of the account you want to delete.
Step 4: You can also type in the reason why you have decided to delete your account if you like.
Step 5: Click on the Delete Account button, and you will be asked to enter your password on a confirmation window.
Step 6: Once you do that, click on Verify, and you will be redirected to your homepage with a message indicating that your Twitch account has been deleted.
Step 4: Close the homepage or refresh this page to complete the process.
Now, your Twitch account has been successfully deleted.
Step-By-Step Guide To Delete A Twitch Account On A Mobile Device.
Since Twitch is not dependent on any platform, you can apply the same steps used when deleting Twitch on Android on an an iPhone.
Having said that, you can’t find the
account deletion option on the app’s mobile version, so if you wish to delete your account on a mobile device, you must access the account deletion page on a web browser.
To do this, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open your Twitch app and log in.
Step 2: Open your mobile browser and type in or click on the link “https://www.twitch.tv/user/delete-account”.
Step 3: Proceed with account deletion as given in the Windows, Mac, or Chromebook instructions above.
Step-By-Step Guide To Delete A Twitch Account From A Firestick.
Do you use an Amazon Firestick to watch Twitch videos? If yes, then deleting your account while using the device will be similar to doing it on a computer.
The steps below will guide you wish if you wish to do this on a Firestick:
Step 1: Go to your Firestick home page, and click on the Search icon located on the upper left side of the screen.
Step 2: Put in your current web browser but if you don’t have anyone installed, download one of the following:
1. Silk for Amazon.
2. Firefox for Fire TV
Step 3: Go to your Twitch account page on your Web browser and log in.
Step 4: Type in “https://www.twitch.tv/user/delete-account” on your web browser.
Step 5: From here, the procedure is the same as just what we explained above when doing it on a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC.
Step-By-Step Guide To Delete A Twitch Account From A Roku Device.
Just like the other devices, the deletion of your Twitch account from a Roku will be done on a web browser.
Check below to find the steps involved in deleting your account from a Roku:
Step 1: On your Roku home page, select Search on the menu.
Step 2: Type in either Web Browser X or POPRISM Web Browser.
Step 3: Install these apps as instructed, and open the browser app that you selected.
Step 4: From here, log onto your Twitch account.
Step 5: Follow the instructions on the Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC above.
Step-By-Step Guide To Delete A Twitch Account From An Apple TV.
For some reason, Apple has yet to develop a suitable web browser for the Apple TV and doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to do so. As your Twitch account needs to be deleted on the specific account deletion web page, it can’t be done on your Apple TV as a web browser isn’t available.
You can browse the web on your Apple TV using AirPlay, but that means you’ll be using either an iPhone or a Mac to do so. If you already have these devices, then there isn’t really a point in adding another layer of complexity by doing the account deletion process on the Apple TV. Technically, you can install a browser on your Apple TV by modifying lines of code in the OS, but this is too overly complicated and not really worth the effort.
How to Disable Your Twitch Account
If, instead of permanently deleting your Twitch account, you only want to disable it for a certain period of time, then that process is easier than account deletion. The process of doing so is as follows:
- Disabling Your Twitch Account on a Desktop PC
- Open and log into your Twitch account.
- Click on your Profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, choose and click on Settings.
- Scroll down until you see the Disabling Your Twitch Account tab.
- Click on the Disable Account page link.
- Type in the name of the account you want to disable. Optionally, you can also type in the reason why you wish to disable your account.
- Click on Disable Account.
- Type your password in the pop-up window that appears. Then click on Verify. You will then be sent a message that your account has been disabled.
Disabling Your Twitch Account on a Mobile Device
Like in account deletion, the disable account feature isn’t available on the mobile app itself. To disable your Twitch account on a mobile device, open your mobile web browser app and then follow the instructions on Disabling your Twitch account on a desktop PC above.
When you disable your account, Twitch will keep records of your private information, along with your followers’ list, your follows, and any videos that you may have on your account. This means that if you change your mind and want to get your old account back, you can do so by reactivating it.
How to Re-enable Your Twitch Account
If you wish to re-enable your account, you can do so by doing the following on a web browser:
On the log-in window, type in your deactivated username and password.
A message will appear telling you that the current account is deactivated; click on Reactivate.
You will receive another message informing you that the account has been re-enabled. Click on Continue to proceed to the Twitch home page.
Was this guide useful to you? If yes, kindly like, comment, and share across your social media platforms as you may be helping a friend.