Weebly is a well-known website builder that enables people and companies to design and operate their websites without having any coding experience.
Weebly makes it simple to construct a website, however, occasionally a user may want to remove their website.
They might not need the previous site anymore because they’ve built a new one, or they might just not like how it looks or functions.
In this case, you can easily delete that site from your account, and fortunately, this is an easy process. This article is going to show you how to delete a Weebly account in less than 3 mins.
How to Delete An Existing Weebly Site
You should be aware that when you delete a Weebly site, all of the material on it including any photographs, text, videos, and other files is also permanently deleted from your Weebly account.
It is advised that you make a backup of your Weebly site in case you ever need to restore it.
That being said, you can follow the simple steps shown below to delete your Weebly site.
- Sign in to the existing Weebly account first.
- Select the top-left drop-down menu on the account dashboard.
- Now, from the Weebly dashboard, you’ll need to choose “Website”.
- Your previously constructed Weebly sites will be listed in a sidebar.
- For the website you want to delete, select the three dots menu beside it.
- A menu for confirmation will appear. Please take note that once you delete a site, you cannot restore it in the future.
- To permanently remove the Weebly website, click Delete Site once more.
- The Weebly site has now been erased, and you will now be taken back to the Weebly dashboard.
How To Back Up Your Weebly Website
Before removing your Weebly website, it’s imperative that you back it up.
If anything goes wrong with your website or if it turns out you want to revive it later, you can restore it from a backup copy.
Your Weebly website can be backed up using one of two methods.
By Use of Offline Backup
This first method involves making an offline backup of your website. Precisely follow the steps below to achieve this.
Go to the Settings > General area of the site editor after logging into your Weebly
Next, enter your email address in the Email Archive area after scrolling down to the section marked Archive.
Your website data will now be contained in a .zip file that Weebly will deliver to your email address.
Now let’s see the second method.
By Exporting Your Weebly website
We’re down to the second approach to backing up your Weebly site and it involves saving the information from your website as a Weebly file. When you do this, you can make use of this file as a backup copy or import it into another Weebly account.
Follow the steps that’ll be shown below to get this done.
- Click on the Settings > SEO tab in the site editor and travel down to the Advanced Options section to retrieve the data from your website.
- Weebly will then create a.zip file for you with the data from your website when you click on Export.
Although both of these techniques are suitable for helping back up your website, you need to keep in mind that they do have their disadvantages as well.
For instance, importing an offline backup file into Weebly is not available, and importing an exported Weebly file into another Weebly account is the only option.
However, you can use either approach to make a copy of your website for storage or to start over with a different server.
Backing up your Weebly website will enable you to recover your website if anything goes wrong or you eventually want to keep it.
So for emphasis, you can make a backup copy of your website by using the two techniques mentioned above, exporting a Weebly file and making an offline backup.
How to Unpublish a Weebly Site
What if you don’t want to delete your Weebly account or go through the process of backing it up? Then you can just unpublish it.
You have the option to temporarily get rid of your website from the web and unpublish it on Weebly.
Unpublishing a Weebly website temporarily disables the URL, as opposed to deleting a site, which permanently deletes all of its content.
You can always re-publish a website after you unpublish it since you still get to keep all of its content.
Having stated that you can follow the simple instructions that’ll be shown below to unpublish a Weebly account.
- Log in to your Weebly account first.
- Before clicking Edit Site, be sure you have chosen the right website.
- From the Weebly dashboard, pick a site to modify.
- Next, visit the website’s settings page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page in the General tab.
- On the General settings page’s bottom, there is a button that says “Unpublish Site.”
- When you click the Un-Publish Site button, a confirmation notice asking you to un-publish the site will appear.
- To finally un-publish the site, select Yes.
- The notification “The site is not currently published” will let you know that your site has been unpublished.
- However, by selecting the Publish button located in the top right corner, you can always publish the website again.
We’re glad to know that you can now easily delete a Weebly site in just a few easy steps.
Removing your Weebly site can be quite easy and hassle-free, whether you’re switching to a new website or simply shutting down an old one, especially if you follow the steps shown in this article.
However, we advise you to take some time to assess whether deleting your site is genuinely the best course of action for your company or personal brand. Also, Don’t forget to back up any crucial data beforehand.
Lastly, if you face any difficulties while trying to delete a Weebly account, you’re more than welcome to reach out to us for assistance through our email or the comments section of this post.
Is Weebly Free Or Paid?
With its annual payment plan, Weebly offers several plans ranging in price from free to $26 per month. You will pay between $120 and $312 each year for the premium tiers.
Does Weebly Have A Limit?
With Weebly, storage is limitless for all plans. The maximum size of a single file that can be uploaded is however limited.
How Long Does A Weebly Website Last?
Your Weebly website will be accessible for as long as you want it to be, even if you’re on the free plan.
Does Weebly Delete Inactive Websites?
No, they don’t typically take down abandoned free sites. They will remain on your shelf for as long as you choose.