Mobile App Development – Prologue
Mobile apps have stormed the internet with their influential usability. They can be utilized in every way and have surmounted an enormous market size of their own. Mobile apps can help you to achieve complex tasks with clever laid-out plans and make your everyday life much more convenient. However, mobile app development is not as easy as signing up for one.
Mobile app developers go through numerous iterations and implement fresh ideas to rank their applications in the market effectively. If you are a newbie at developing an application that needs to appropriately meet the developing standards of the modern market this blog can proficiently guide you through. And if you are an experienced developer that needs to make a few brushing notes, this blog can give you a competitive edge for your next mobile app development project.
The blog explores five fundamental mistakes one should avoid during a mobile app development journey. Every point we discuss can aid you in becoming a better developer. One can say individually there are numerous benefits that one can acquire from eliminating these mistakes. Nevertheless, there are three essential advantages:
- Establishing a loyal Customer base.
- Gaining New users effectively.
- Becoming a skilled developer.
Developing an application must prioritize the needs of the users. One must ask himself, “Why am I developing this application?”, “What purpose will it serve, and what solution will it be able to offer?”. These questions are crucial, and developers must consider several perspectives, and every one of them matters. Creators often make mistakes where the idea of developing an app is unclear. Excluding such a simple question will make the whole developing process more complex.
To avoid such complexity, one needs to conduct extensive research and appropriately analyze the purpose of the application. The three basic solutions for tackling these mistakes efficiently are:
- Decide if the App offers products or services.
- Decide the category of your application.
- Make the application scalable for future possibilities.
Mobile App Development – Cluttering vs Comprehensive
The first mistake we discussed is closely interconnected with this particular one. Developers often include branches of multiple features that may lead the user to nowhere, and this highly affects the engagement quality of Users’. Sure providing a comprehensive solution to all the problems of Users is morally adequate, but that does not mean making the platform over-complex.
There is a difference between comprehensive and all-in-one platforms. Also, selecting proper services and avoiding cluttering your application with unwanted features will give you the technical upper hand. The application should offer three main features that impact user productivity;
- Main Features
- Supporting Features
- Setting a navigational feature between the above two mentioned features.
It is preferred to properly select features based on these categories to simplify your app development journey. This will make your applications “Feature Rich” which is a significant standard one should aim towards.
UI/UX: The Game Changer
If you set a percentage proportion for mobile application development, you will find the UI/UX covers around 20% of the share. UI/UX is considered one of the major aspects that affect the growth of your application in the market. It does not matter whether the application is backed by state-of-the-art technical facilities and developed using one of the pre-eminent app development platforms if it does not have an engaging UI.
During their app development journey, one should be attentive to the concept of UI. It affects the interactive quality of the user and your application demand considerably. To acknowledge these mistakes, one should keep these three points in mind:
- A bad UI will increase the bounce rate of your application. Try to make the UI engaging but avoid implementing everything and anything that decreases your page load speed.
- Be careful with the scale of creativity and innovation. Don’t overdo it, as users are likely to uninstall your developed applications solely based on overly complex UI/UX.
- The UI of your application must go along with the concept of your application. For example- A eSports-based application can have a neon-colored, highly graphical UI/UX, or a Blockchain-based Fin-Tech app can have a simplistic and figurative UI that is easy to read or scan.
- Due to the pandemic, gross consumer mobile app spending saw an exponential growth of 170 billion U.S. dollars compared to 143 billion surveyed in 2022.
- According to Statista, the number of mobile app downloads has reached 204 billion downloads. This impressive achievement has given rise to more innovative mobile apps belonging to various industry niches.
- The monetization of mobile apps has boosted the global revenue of the market. As observed by a survey conducted in 2021, in-app purchases cover most of the proportion, estimating up to 185 billion U.S. dollars.
Mobile App Development –Testing and Quality Analysis
Making assumptions is the biggest issue that most developers face, and they don’t sit and institute a feedback loop that allows them to improve their product smartly. Developers often make this common mistake which affects their customer satisfaction level. The negative reviews can be eradicated by simply testing your application and generating reports based on extensive analysis.
This detailed research will help to advance precautionary measures. On top of that, it will also save time and energy you put into developing the product.
- Employ a dedicated team for quality assurance or take the help of other consulting firms which provide QA services.
- Create a smart testing methodology, don’t back down from using tools, make documentation, and study rigorously.
- Test every aspect of the application, even if it means testing the product extensively and employing diversified tools for every aspect of the application.
Lastly, estimating the time and budget required is the most crucial mistake that should have a tremendous impact on developing, creating, or manufacturing any product. Surely playing with these two figures is not easy, but they both impact each characteristic of your mobile application development journey.
Failing to acknowledge the mistake will lead to unknown expenses and product costing that is hidden from you. Adhering to the following bullet points can provide tips and tricks for establishing and maintaining a production budget.
- Make phase-wise budget plans, stick to them and manage your expenses accordingly.
- Compare the costs of tools, features, and external subscription charges to develop your product efficiently.
- There are sometimes platforms that charge subscription fees without any reason, which can be avoided by searching for a free alternative present on developers’ forums.
Mobile App Development – Epilogue
Using tools and platforms to develop an application is quite an exhaustive process, and halfway through, you might forget why you started. These footprints will help you to maintain an equilibrium between creative as well as technical elements of developing a mobile application.
They will help you to give your vision a reality and scale your product in the market attractively. Additionally, they will also be able to increase your product’s digital presence and provide insightful data regarding the budget and market statistics. They utilize the best tools and keep upgrading themselves by adapting modern technologies. They have a dedicated team for quality analysis, UI/UX, and research development. Based on technical prowess and the creative potential, they are highly scalpel, secure, and can develop a mobile application according to your prerequisite.